Fire and smoke damage home Monday on Claiborne Street

Fire Engineer Scott Matthews, right, and Firefighter Davis Hodges, of the Goldsboro Fire Department, check a roof vent Monday while working an apartment fire at 707A N. Claiborne St. No one was injured in the fire.

News-Argus/ALAN CAMPBELL

A fire at 707 A N. Claiborne St. Monday morning destroyed a woman's kitchen and caused severe smoke damage to the rest of her home.

Goldsboro Fire Department Assistant Chief James Farfour said the fire began on the stove in the kitchen before spreading.

"It expanded up into the hood above the...

Full story



Restaurants




Poll

Should the UK stay in the EU?

View Results Poll Archive


CarFinder

HomeFinder

RentalFinder