How do you feel about the latest increase in gas prices?

Tell us what you think
Forum rules
The Goldsboro News-Argus reserves the right to delete any posts deemed inappropriate or off-topic.

How do you feel about the latest increase in gas prices?

Postby News-Argus on Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:28 am

Let us know what gas prices are doing in your area and how you feel about it.
News-Argus
Site Admin

Re: How do you feel about the latest increase in gas prices?

Postby exotic_dreams20 on Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:41 pm

I was called last night before 11 and told I needed to rush out and gas up. We ran out and gased up at 3.99 a gallon. Everywhere we looked it was packed and the more we drove around town the cheaper it got. It was even 3.63 on William Street, so I was a tad ticked off that I was told 3.99 was the cheapest. Now this morning I recieved yet another call telling me that another gas station was at 3.56 so we ran out and finished topping off our tank. Most places were out of gas today but the prices didn not rise to the 4.50/5 dollars everyone said it was going to. I think the gas prices all ridiculous to begin with. The gas prices are way too high and the companines are profiting way too much. :twisted:
exotic_dreams20

Postby funtobegranny on Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:58 pm

You can't tell me that there isn't enough gas in reserve somewhere to deal with the oil rigs and processing plants to shut down for a couple weeks without having to raise prices. We too went out and tanked up our vehicles. Today though, gas prices have shot up. More green out of my pocket into someone elses. And the Democrats and left-wingers don't want to drill to get oil except in the gulf WHERE ALL THE HURRICANES GO! Shoot, we don't have to be dependent on foreign oil to get our pockets sucked dry, we just have to continue to be dependent on Democrats and left-wingers.
funtobegranny

Postby BEIRUTSEAL on Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:24 pm

IT IS A CRYIN SHAME THAT THE GAS COMPANYS AT ANY LITTLE THING TRY TO SCREW THE PUBLIC. AT TIMES OF MOTHER NATURE ACTING UP, INSTERAD OF JACKING UP THE PRICE AND MAKING THINGS HARDER ON US WORKING FOLK THEY SHOULD FREEZE THE PRICE AND LET THE GAS CO. USE SOME OF THEIR OUTRAGEOUS PROFITS THEY KEEP BRAGGING ABOUT EVERY QUARTER. I WOULD SAY THE U.S. GOVERMENT SHOULD SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGGH BUT THE ONES UP IN D.C. ARE ALL PUPPETS FOR THE OIL CO. AND DON'T CARE FOR US, EXCEPT AT ELECTION TIME..............."QUESS WHAT D.C. FOLK, IT'S ELECTION TIME AND WE ARE NOT HAPPY"
BEIRUTSEAL

Postby mspanther0 on Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:08 pm

I THINK IS IS A BIG RIP OFF AND OUR GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO GET OFF THEIR DUFFS AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. We have a surplus of gas over what is needed that is why gas prices were coming down. Some of the refineries close down a week ago and yet the gas prices did not go up till IKE got close to shore.

The average citizen is going to have to make a choice between food or gas, going to work or staying home. How do the big oil companies think they are effecting the economy?? When our nations people can not afford to get to work and welfare cases go up maybe the government will do something.

What ever happened to a government for the people and by the people?? I'm sure the people did ask for this.
mspanther0

Postby btorrusmc1 on Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:21 pm

Okay just to let you know I have worn many hats in my life, and when I was younger I worked for a convience store. So I have an understanding how the gas, desiel, and kerosene deliveries and the epa paperwork are done. But what I don't understand is that before gas, desiel, or kerosene, can be delivered it has to be paid for before it is put into the ground. So, what gets my goat is that these gas stations whom of which have contracts with thier petro. suppliers increase thier prices according to the suppliers say so, but the gas that is in the ground is already paid for....... Where do they get off making the gas stations increase thier prices on something that is already paid for, I could understand it a little more if it was after the next delivery.
But as far as our goverment has anything to do with this, I served many years in the United States Marine Corps. so I know how crooked our goverment can be, and the only way to solve that problem in november is for no one to vote, this may sound crazy but it will get congress and the senate's attention, the problem with big oil has nothing to do with the president, it has to do with The House of Reps. When was the last time you saw a lobbiest near the president????
Lets see if the oil refineries in Texas have been shut down then why not open up the ones that have been shut down in Wyoming to cover this crisis. If congress would get there heads out of thier butt and take the crude oil in the Ports on the east coast ready to ship over seas and send it to Wyoming or the Two refineries that have been shut down in Oaklahoma Oh My this might solve something, and there shouldn't be a problem with the oil just sitting there in the ports it hasn't been paid for yet.
P.S. Similar to jesus, what would he do. speak the truth well here's the truth what are you going to do with it delete it or print it........
btorrusmc1

Postby dprice325 on Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:35 pm

I know how others feel and I feel the same way. My real concern is that when another hurricane threaten the Gulf Coast gas prices did not go up, so why now? I heard on the news tonight that the governor is not going to allow the gas prices to go as high as I have heard today that prices will rise to (over $5.00 a gallon). This is outrageous and the gas/oil companies need to get real. We have people that have lost jobs and they need gas to look for jobs. It seems to me that the rich just seem to get richer while we fill their pockets with more and more money. :oops: :evil:
dprice325

Postby oldsmobi1 on Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:57 pm

I visited atleast five stations today and several attendants stated they had no regular gas because their supplier refused to deliver it to them. As soon as they changed the price for regular gas above $4.00 per gallon then plenty of regular gas was available. It is price gourging and it is time for the Federal Government to step in and cease it. Make the price gourgers pay. I am sure that I am not the only person who saw gas go up over $1.00 per gallon in less than 24 hours.
oldsmobi1

Postby Lawrence on Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:37 am

How in the world can gas have gone up on gas that is already in the pipeline. Gas get repumped into the pipeline from the Gulf everday between the hours of 7pm and 11:30 in the evening. Where are the politicans what about the price gouging laws.
Lawrence

Postby countryboy27534 on Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:43 am

crude oil futures briefly dipped below $100 a barrel Friday.
gas prices only increased 20 cents, but all the stations have gone way beyond that!!!
we are being ripped off!!! the GOV invoked the price gouging law yesterday!
countryboy27534

Next

Return to Community Forum