How do you feel about the latest increase in gas prices?

Tell us what you think
Forum rules
The Goldsboro News-Argus reserves the right to delete any posts deemed inappropriate or off-topic.

Re: How do you feel about the latest increase in gas prices?

Postby countryboy27534 on Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:56 am

its strange to me that gas stations here in goldsboro sell gas $3.62 and you can dr to kinston to that new murphy station and get it for 15 to 25 cents a gallon less. the THE OIL DISTRIBUTORS IN WAYNE COUNTY SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED FOR VIOLATING price-gouging law !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! price-gouging is SOMETHING WAYNE COUNTY GAS STION OWNERS DO ON A REGULAR BASIS!!!!
countryboy27534

Postby steelersin08 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:45 am

What makes sense is to invest in oil companies and other energy companies, including wind and solar.

Even if you can only afford $50 per month, it can pay off in the long run.
steelersin08

Postby dougsaf on Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:14 am

These oil companies are gouging the heck out of us ! If people can't see we need to turn to alternative fuels we are plain dumb. Those right wing Republicans yelling drill here and drill now are off their rocker. The Gulf of Mexico is here and every time a storm threatens that area. They see a way for another big pay day by shutting down the refineries and jacking up prices. Those refineries have been in the gulf for decades but it's only recently since Katrina that when a hurricane is in that area does it become a problem and the price gouging starts ! I'm not a historian but didn't we have storms in that area back when gas was $1.20/gal not to many yrs ago and there was no big deal about the refineries going off line ?
This is just another way of gouging the public. Use your heads and realize there is only one person who will even attempt to take it to the oil companies and that is Barack Obama .
dougsaf

Postby m30wells on Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:58 pm

Well the regular gas in my area is $4.25 a gallon. The next station is $3.99 a gallon for regular. Most of the prices in Goldsboro haven't reached the $4.00 per gallon yet. I can't understand why the gas in Eureka at the Citgo station is already $4.25 a gallon. All of the prices are ridiculous. When these prices rise why isn't the amount of our paychecks rising to accomodate our needs? It looks like price gouging to me!!!
m30wells

Postby GURLEYKE on Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:28 pm

What do I feel about the gas prices? I think it is a bunch of bull. Every time you turn around there is a new excuse at why gas prices are going up. The main one is the price of oil per barrell,well it seems that price has been going down. So now here comes the excuse of , we don't have any, bull! It is a rippoff, they know we have to have it, so they know we are going to pay what we have to. Yeah they can stop us from driving to the beach,lake ,mts etc. But you still have to work.When it cost someone a $100 a week just to go to work this is stupid. The biggest problem is, the ones making all the decissions about gas prices doesn"t have to buy gas to start with, we buy it for them,"taxes" .That is just a little bit of how I feel, I don't have all night.
GURLEYKE

Postby Freedog on Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:34 am

BAH! Blame the Republicans. Blame the Democrats. Blame whomever you care to but the reason for the sillyness associated with gas in the past few days is......wait for it.....mass hysteria. Yepp, I said it. We screwed ourselves. There was no shortage of gas but the rumor mill started churning on Thursday and despite the fact that the news reported that there wouldn't be a gas shortage and that the anti-gouging law would cover us, everyone ran around like chicken little, hysterically filling their tanks and causing exactly what they feared. A gas shortage and increased prices. Doesn't get much dumber than this.
Freedog

Postby AOK on Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:44 pm

I agree with the majority. The Belfast Quick Mart will NEVER get my business again for raising the price over 30 cents a gallon just to make some money. I hope they get fined for this as the investigation starts today!
AOK

Postby poorboy on Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:34 pm

It is amazing to me to hear all the people in Washington wanting to "help the middle class"and "help the economy". They need to do something about the economy and help the working folks because if things continue the way they are going, we are all going to be living off the government. It will not be long, if the prices keep going up, most people will be working 1hour for a gallon of a gas. It's not worth it to me to go work just to be able to buy gas to go back to work. I might as well live off the government for a while!!!!
poorboy

Postby charlesb45 on Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:47 pm

It seems now that the Bush administration now is in full-control of Iraq and all its oil,why do the United States have such high gas prices.I feel high gas prices etc.,is proof its time for a total political change away from the republican / Bush administation agenda.
charlesb45

Postby dougsaf on Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:57 am

Some on here would characterize what happened with the gouging of the past few days . "As people running around like Chicken Little ". Sure people ran out and bought gas , but the prices were raised before they got to the pumps . The prices were raised on speculation,collusion and greed !The shortage was by the consumers !Make no mistake about it the Republicans have been in charge the last 8 yrs. Gas has gone from $1.40 /gal before we invaded Iraq to what it is now ! So who else do you blame ? The Government has made it difficult for the everyday person to make a living these last 8yrs. Time for a Change !
dougsaf

PreviousNext

Return to Community Forum