How do you feel about the latest increase in gas prices?

Tell us what you think
Forum rules
The Goldsboro News-Argus reserves the right to delete any posts deemed inappropriate or off-topic.

Re: How do you feel about the latest increase in gas prices?

Postby oldhounddog on Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:59 pm

[*]Sorry to bust your bubble "funtobegranny", but the Republicans and right wingers are in the oil company pockets.

My 2 cents... there are a handfull of station that did not rush to raise prices and only raised them over a 2 or 3 day period. A few of the BP's (one being at the corner of 117S and Arrington Bridge Rd) and some Hess Stations. They were all still around 3.63 Saturday afternoon and only went to 3.79 on Sunday. These folks will have all of my local business in the future, even if they are a nickel higher.
oldhounddog

Postby deputydog1956 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:25 pm

So much can be said about the gas prices. But we as consumers who keep putting up with this mess, we will do no better down the road. Simply talking something to death isn't going to change things. We need to start action committees or watch dog groups. We need to tell politicians, we are tired of all the lies and finger pointing and not only threaten to sue these companies who gouge the price of gas, but sue the politicians as well. It is our right to go after relief if we have been done wrong by our neighbor or after being in a car accident, then why cant we as a group sue the so-called leaders who constantly lie to us. Also sue the gas companies who are constantly making us shell out more money for the same product. Once actions of this sort starts to take place, others will follow suit and then maybe we as a consumer nation will get the attention and drop the price of gas down to the $2.06 per gallon as it is costing wholesalers to send it to the stations to fill the underground tanks.
deputydog1956

Postby sharfro on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:30 pm

I like many others, was told last week to fill up my gas tank before the prices reached 5.00 a gallon. I went to the handy Mart gas station near the Walnut Creek entrance. The gas at this time in the afternoon was 3.62 a gallon. However; the Handy Mart had a sign up stating that you were not allowed to put more than 40.00 dollars worth of gas in your car. Well, seeing that I drive a large sport utility vehicle. 40.00 dollars didn't even give me but a little under half a tank. So after supper I sent my husband back to the same Handy Mart gas station to put more gas in the car, and within two hours the gas had already gone up to 4.00 a gallon. How are these gas companies able to get away with their greed. Limit us to what we are able to purchase and then jack the price up just because they can. I was discussted. I have a family owned business in Goldsoro as well. And in a crisis, have even discounted my products to help people out. That just what we Americans should do.
sharfro

Postby maggie on Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:50 am

Well, the way I see it, we have two oil men in the White House, what can you expect? Election time is
fastly approaching. Thank about it.
maggie

Postby maggie on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:04 am

I am so sorry. I had just joined and I meant to reply to a message and I clicked on the icon above the message which I realized after I posted that it was to report a misuse. I did not mean to do this and I apolize. I am so sorry. I was agreeing with the poster. Is there anyway this could be corrected? I do not remember the poster's name but he was
replying to supergranny. Please forgive me.
maggie

Postby maggie on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:09 am

In reply to charlesb45, I totally agree that it is past time for a political change. I did not think I could vote
that way this year but I have no choice. I cannot vote for another 4 years of the same we have had for the
past 8 years.
maggie

Postby maggie on Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:49 am

In reply to oldhounddog. I totally agree. Much as I hate to vote Democratic this election, I have no choice. I do not
feel that I can take another 4 years of the same we have had for the past 8 years.
maggie

Postby dougsaf on Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:33 am

This might seem a bit off topic but take all the talk about the Stock Market the last few days. Now you hear the politicians and pundits crying out for regulation on Wall Street. The same thing needs to be done to the Oil Companies and there is only one person who will do that . Barack Obama ! So hold your nose when you vote ,but vote Democrat this yr. unless you don't mind being gouged by the greedy Oil Companies !
dougsaf

Postby jbreault on Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:35 pm

Everyone knows that the public was priced gouged, what I don't understand is how we are paying over $4.00 a gallon in NC and my brother in NH paid $3.58 on Saturday for mid-grade. We need to tell our state government to cut back on the amount of taxes they have put on gas. Why is our state so much higher than the states around us when it comes to gas tax? When gas was cheap the tax wasn't so bad, but with prices the way they are the state can live without some of that tax. What are they doing with the money, it sure isn't going towards the roads. My other question is why is Wayne County so much higher than most of the rest of the state? Just a few things to think about.
jbreault

Postby charlesb45 on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:29 pm

now is the time that all we working / simple people have to make a change at the top,it will trinkle down politically & we can & must impose it further and fully.Politics will go in the direction we chose / allow it to.McCain is no change he said it,however it is time for a-change,for the working class.Oilman Bush & Cheny,does have the oil / Iraq-control now though.
charlesb45

PreviousNext

Return to Community Forum