How do you feel about the latest increase in gas prices?

Tell us what you think
Forum rules
The Goldsboro News-Argus reserves the right to delete any posts deemed inappropriate or off-topic.

Re: How do you feel about the latest increase in gas prices?

Postby Sjones on Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:45 am

Why is gas prices so different across NC. I just drove to Winston-Salem Yesterday and gas was almost 50 cents cheaper there. whats the deal with that?
Sjones

Postby reimr on Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:50 pm

We live in a state where taxes are controlled by democrats wanting larger government and more programs. The main reason gas is higher in North Carolina than all other lower 48 states is higher gas taxes. Tell whoever represents you to lower the state gas tax or you will vote them out. One thing I have learned from all this, is if you let the government control anything it has no business controlling, it will become corrupt and they will borrow to cover their mistakes.
reimr

Postby brendacoor on Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:12 pm

On Monday night, I traveled 18 miles into Kinston. The gas there was 41 cents cheaper than here in Goldsboro. I would like someone to explain why this is and how they consider this to be fair to the citizens of Wayne county. The gas prices figured into a recent decision to make a major job change--from home health nurse to hospital nurse.
brendacoor

Postby btorrusmc1 on Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:47 am

Hey NCjones if you are not bored with this topic why don't you review your discussion board and tell me how I misspelled those words when I didn't even use them? Also, hello its United State Motor Carrier, or United States Marine Corps. why don't you join either one it might teach you a little respect for this country and not to continue listening to liers in politics when did you start listening to liers and when did you ever hear of any president, congressman, senter, mayor,etc... to tell the truth. Also, I did my time in College and graduated in the top ten percent, and YOU?????????????????????????? This is my last response to this subject for reasons of sanity, because I refuse to continue to try to understand the reasoning behind these responses to the TOPIC, and it is (HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE LATEST INCREASE IN GAS PRICES ?) Yeah George Bush has to do with the gas prices he is from texas and owns many oil rigs..... does McCain or Obama? What I also don't understand is how Obama is even in the running when he is not even a United States citizen... Also, I suggest you open up your bible and read a little bit more you might understand what is going on a little bit more.... God Bless You All... And MISTER EDITOR could you please edit this so it doesn't upset anyone. :lol:
btorrusmc1

Postby gotsomesense on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:50 pm

Hello all! Can the Republicans get some credit for the drastic decrease in gas and diesel prices over the last two weeks please? Since we were blamed for the increase, surely we can get some credit for the plunge in crude oil prices - despite OPEC's decision to curtail production - and the resulting decrease at the pump. Gee, and just in time for the election.
gotsomesense

Postby lovejones on Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:48 am

It is great and I feel good to be able take some of the money from gas to feed my family. I had to purchased a larger vehicle due to my arthitis in my legs. It causes more to keep a full tank of gas, especially when I am trying to go to college.
lovejones

Public schools

Postby callieg on Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:19 pm

Has anyone every felt the Public school twisted the rules to protect themselves.
callieg

Postby mariejonestoo on Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:43 pm

For cripes sake, get some new topics on here. I know there's got to be a few old Center St gurls, around. Where are you people? Talk about stuff someone from there, but not living there, would like to hear. Goldsboro has not only survived, but prospered, and I like it!. Gas prices are not too bad right now. Of course, it's not what Cap Best used to charge per gallon~~~ ;)
mariejonestoo

Previous

Return to Community Forum