Mount Olive police shoot 'vicious' dog - Your opinion?

Tell us what you think
Forum rules
The Goldsboro News-Argus reserves the right to delete any posts deemed inappropriate or off-topic.

Re: Mount Olive police shoot 'vicious' dog - Your opinion?

Postby RisqueBizness on Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:59 pm

Post removed by Moderator
RisqueBizness

Postby Donna on Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:12 pm

Excuse me. Just because one grows up with hound dogs, does not mean one is K-9 trained. Because you ride in a vehicle as you grow up, does not mean that you can properly operate the vehicle. There is a difference. I give up. I will just continue to rescue and save all of them that I can and move on. I cannot open any person's head and pour it in. It wasn't you, but to the post that said this is getting dumber and dumber, it is, with one exception, the people, some, are getting dumber. There is no point anymore. Having said that, everyone have a nice day.

Donna
Donna

Postby susan on Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:17 pm

susan

Postby susan on Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:20 pm

susan

Postby Donna on Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:32 pm

Donna

Postby News-Argus on Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:52 pm

Please stay on topic, people. Note that posts that do not add to the discussion will be removed.

Thank you for your understanding.
News-Argus
Site Admin

Postby showin'teeth on Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:23 pm

gotsomesense,

well, i was trying not to reveal too much about myself but i reckon i'm gonna have to. I am a 911 Dispatcher. I know what went on that day. the call came into the 911 Center. so don't tell me how or what calls go into the 911 Center. I work there. I know. so how about you stop telling me about my job when i know how it all goes down in the first place. now, what you need to do is go back and erase all of your posts since none of them have any credibility now. and if you don't believe that I am a dispatcher, tell me who your friend is and I'll make sure to give them a little message to send you. so there, i'm right and you're wrong. i guess i "grinded" my axe so to say.
showin'teeth

Postby gotsomesense on Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:13 pm

showin' teeth

You are a hoot!!! I do have a friend who is a 911 operator. Haven't been able to get up with them yest because of their 12 hour shifts. Please answer me this: if the call went to 911 - why didn't you guys call Animal Control immediately, right then, instead of dispatching a MOPD officer? Hello??? If the problem was animal related, why send a police officer in the first place? Why leave it to the officer to make that decision and have to try to get up with animal control while he is trying to deal with this animal if only "trained" people should deal with animals. It is very hard for me to believe that the caller who has just been chased into her house, called 911 and said only that the dog "barked day and night" and then expected an officer to run right over.

If you are so "in the know", please, by all means, post the transcript from the 911 call. It is public information, after all.

Oh, and your assertion that every call goes through 911 is WRONG. I also have a friend, a former LEO who knows several of the officers in the MOPD, who assured me that if the MOPD phone number is called officers DO answer the phone and communicate via radio or cell phone and handle calls without always going through 911. Imagine, something getting past you?

I'm so thankful that I haven't had a post removed by the moderator....that is really funny to me that some people can't stay on the subject or either insist on personal insults instead of the facts.
gotsomesense

Postby gotsomesense on Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:24 pm

And showin' teeth

You must be pyschic if you think that from sitting at the 911 call center you know what happened that day. You have to be or otherwise you wouldn't keep dismissing the only start-to-finish eye witness account we have from Mrs. Lynn Joyner, who LIVES in the neighborhood and has been accosted by this dog on HER property several times before.

And I don't have to worry about my "credibility". As far as the incident itself, I have relied on eye witness accounts of that day and previous incounters with the dog and neighbors accounts, some that I have personally heard since I have family that live there. I don't claim to "know" what happened that day and I haven't brought in vague "definitions" from who knows what source. As someone else has already stated, the media has presented a biased version of the incident from the start. The accounts from the News-Argus and WRAL gave plenty of time to people who were saying the dog wasn't vicious and about 3 seconds to the lady who claimed the dog was vicious and they did voice-overs on the first part of the clip.

Try reading the MOTribune. The editor there said he would rather close the paper down than print a bunch of lies and exaggerations for the purpose of selling papers. Also, interesting to note: the writer of the News-Argus articles is a member of the Humane Society and the byline that also gives credit to Steve Herring, the former editor of the MOTribune and a MO resident, shows that the News-Argus didn't select a fair and impartial writer for the articles.
gotsomesense

Postby Former Goldsboro on Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:39 am

Got Some Sense,

The eye witness accounts in this incident vary, I am sure you know this. 911 is an emergency response system not a nuisance response system. There was no emergency that day only a nuisance, no human life was in immediate peril. Everyone involved in this fiasco had ample opportunity to call animal control, whose fault is it that the officers did not know they could call animal control. Believe me the animal control people would have responded, people in animal control are there to protect animals as well as people, not because the make a tremendous amount of money doing thier job. If you are so keen on eye witness accounts why are you only considering one view point and not the view point of the other witnesses. It seems to me as if maybe your mind was made up prior to having any real insight, to take the word of people afraid of dogs gives only a one sided view. I personally am afraid of snakes, so I never see a good snake, the only good snake in my opinion is a dead snake. I run from snakes, and act like a generally idiot due to my own irrational fear of them, the snake could be perfectly harmless, I do not give it time to find out, but I do not call 911 when I encounter a snake and would not unless me or someone else was BITTEN. A bite now that constitutes and emergency, from any creature. Now I realize snakes and dogs are different to most of us, but the concept is the same, fear of a creature regardless of warrant slants one's view of the creature. You so vehemently want to defend the action of this officer and keep telling us we were not there, well neither were you. We all have the ability to talk with others and even eyewitnesses, so get down off of your "you were not there" high horse. It may surprise you to know the opinion you hold regarding the incident is not the opinion held by the majority of the local people I have spoken with regarding the incident. The majority think the cop was being immature and just wanted to ascert his authority, which is somewhat typical for a 21 year old in a position of authority. Sasser and Parks were both raised with dogs, own dogs and know how to handle dogs, the simple truth in my opinion is he just wanted to shot the dog, trying to show "tough guy" mentality, again a very immature thing for him to do. A badge does not automatically guarantee respect, the way a badge is handled is what gets respect, there are many corrupt cops in the world, they victimize the people they are sworn to protect. IF Dustin walks free on this, he will not learn anything and will do it again.
Former Goldsboro

PreviousNext

Return to Community Forum