Mount Olive police shoot 'vicious' dog - Your opinion?

Tell us what you think
Forum rules
The Goldsboro News-Argus reserves the right to delete any posts deemed inappropriate or off-topic.

Re: Mount Olive police shoot 'vicious' dog - Your opinion?

Postby MountOliveNative on Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:19 pm

Sorry about that first sentence, I got really angry! You meant everything that has happened; don't sit here and "once again" change your little story and act like you can get some type of silly fundraiser for training. Police officers are trained on the USE OF FORCE not dog training; this isn't the circus.

You meant for all of this to happen and now that people are coming forth and against you because we have "actually" heard the other story; you want to run and put your tail between your legs.

And just because you didn't get a citation doesn't mean anything; they could have given you one for having your dog roaming the streets everytime they had to go because your neighbors call them. They dont' want to waste any time messing with an animal...who wants to waste precious ink on writing out a citation over a simple situation and also when it's your responsibility!

Shame on you!
MountOliveNative

Postby pacer on Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:27 pm

I know the people that owned Durham and I know that they take care of their pets. Yes, the dog got loose. But seriously, a shotgun? With children around?? A friend that lives in Mount Olive called to tell me this horrible news and it made me sick. I can't believe that a "TRAINED" police officer would get a shotgun out for a DOG. The most loyal, friendly animal there is was shot to death because a grown "TRAINED" man was scared. I really want to know why no one thought of calling an animal shelter? I believe I read somewhere that they said they "didn't know they would respond during off-hours," that "we are a small town"....seriously?!!? So let's just shoot the dog because we don't think anyone will answer during off-hours. Great idea. I also know how some things are handled in Mount Olive. This just takes the cake for all the crap that the MOPD gets away with. Colby and Whit and all the guys - I am so sorry to hear about Durham. Hope to see you soon.
pacer

Postby jmn4 on Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:42 pm

What a sad world that we are living in. It is my thoughts that officer Sasser is impulsive. It makes one wonder if this is how he would react in other situations. Shoot first and think later? I believe that this could have been handled in a better way. Of course everyone on the M.O.P.D. will take his side, but regardless he was wrong! Maybe Officer Sasser needs to see a real vicious dog. I just hope that if he gets in a real dangerous situation, he does not handle it the way that he has handled this. I would fire you if I could, but that is just my thoughts. And also, it seems that you must have a hearing problem as you were unable to hear someone begging you to not shoot the dog. Maybe Mr. Sasser needs a hearing test as well as a course on humanity! Iam a dog lover and this is one of the worst things that could happen to your pet. Rita Long
jmn4

Postby pacer on Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:44 pm

I wish I would have read that last post before I had typed anything....
OK MountOliveNative....Why don't you think they can have a fundraiser to get money for the MOPD to have the proper equipment? Why can't you be somewhat encouraging for them, especially after all they have been through? Is it so bad to want to have new laws in place so this never happens again?

They have not changed their story. Maybe you aren't reading clearly. And again, they do have a pen, and they did have Durham in the pen when they left the house that day. So am I to assume that you are all for shooting stray dogs, putting them in a bag, and putting them in a ditch? So you are telling me that any time a dog is loose in MO, an officer has the right to shoot it - right? Oh wait - I meant to say shoot it TWICE, since that was so necessary. And there are lots of dogs that are stray in and around Mount Olive.

I think Colby, Whit, and everyone else involved are making the best out of the situation. They can never have Durham back, but they can take the necessary steps so no other family ever has to go through this. I can't believe that you said all those things about the girls. Do you even know them? I doubt it. And yes, before you ask, I DO know them. I think it is very sad that you are acting the way you are and all they are doing is making the best out of the situation and working to prevent this from happening again. Maybe you are the one that should keep their mouth shut.
pacer

Postby brwilliams68 on Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:46 pm

Typical of the Mount Olive Police to not assume responsibilty for anything. Maybe we need to send Sherrif Winders down there to clean it up. I think the Sherrif's office does a great job. I remember what it was like under Sherrif Sasser....back in the good old boys days. The way it still is in Mount Olive. The Chief is a joke, and the department is a joke. I probably should be careful going through Mount Olive....if they track this post back to me I may be shot as a 'vicious' civillain...LOL :mrgreen: I show my teeth a lot when I smile!
brwilliams68

Postby MountOliveNative on Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:50 pm

Pacer, first of all its not a law, its a policy and they are re-doing it.

For the owners...I'm not encouraging anyone who has made this story a mess, apologies have been thrown around, get over it for goodness sakes.....

Look at all of the "cop" bashing that they have people doing the past few days.....
MountOliveNative

Postby MountOliveNative on Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:51 pm

What type equipment are you talking about? You keep saying training and equipment....what would this be??
MountOliveNative

Postby Kim on Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:01 pm

Post removed by Moderator
Kim

Postby Kim on Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:02 pm

Kim

Postby MountOliveNative on Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:07 pm

MountOliveNative

PreviousNext

Return to Community Forum