Mount Olive police shoot 'vicious' dog - Your opinion?

Tell us what you think
Forum rules
The Goldsboro News-Argus reserves the right to delete any posts deemed inappropriate or off-topic.

Re: Mount Olive police shoot 'vicious' dog - Your opinion?

Postby lovejones on Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:00 am

I know it will not stop the lady from missing the dog that was shot by Mount Olive's police. But should be made to buy another dog just like the one he mistaken killed, supply it properly vaccinations, food supplies for a year. It was neglience on his part and it should be treated the same as one of us and did this restless action.
lovejones

Postby btorrusmc1 on Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:04 pm

I want to start off this reply by letting everyone know that I grew up in mount olive, I do not know what went on in this situation with this animal. I hate that this has happened to a animal. But I also realize that the commuity as a whole in the mount olive area doesn't use the common sense that the good lord gave them and are quick to judge, and jump the gun without think through everything. Maybe this will be a wake up call for everyone. And on that note from what I have learned working on a farm and raising many many animals as well as 5 dogs over my life I do know that when an animal is away from its environment it can become aggressive due to the basic flight or fight instinct in everything. If this anmial became aggressive it was probably scared, and where was animal control?? :x
btorrusmc1

Postby btorrusmc1 on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:03 pm

Also, since this officer thought the dog mad enough to shoot him. I thought it was a national law that you send the dogs head off to a lab to determine if it was rabid. Rabies can happen all year long!!!! But having labs as pets I highly disagree with all the judgements passed, I honestly think the community as a whole should use this situation to reflect on thier own judgements. Maybe everyone can come together and get the MOPD some training (on thier own time and money) on how to handle these situations. And it should become mandatory for pets inside the city limits to get a tracking chip or nameplates on collars with a phone number as well as work related information. If you decide to have a pet of any sort you have to take into consideration that this pet is similar to a child. Honestly I think this state could benifit with the spca around. And for all the people who jump to conclusions about people they don't know. Here is some information for you. I am a native american/white female who grew up in the mount olive area. I left mount olive to persue a carrer in the military, when that was over I went to college graduated with a degree the degree I obtained is of no concern to you. I worked in my trade for many years until the shop shutdown. I continued to broaden my horizens by becoming a truckdriver, and what I have noticed through out my careers is that everyone should sit back and find out all the facts before they put thier two cents worth in. I am married and I have 2 children and 2 dogs. I add this because of all the judgemental, church gossips who are going to judge everyone who sent a post or anyone around town who has an opinion of the situation. Without looking at ""ALL" the facts. If 911 was called why didn't they call animal control instead of the Police? Anyway I have to get back to work, good luck Colby don't let them drag you down, do what you have to do and what you know is right. If it means that someone looses thier job so be it .
Also on the last note: If this is the bible belt why don't the wayne county area invite people in the community as jesus would???? people who happen to be outsiders.
btorrusmc1

Postby suprised on Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:41 am

I watched from a distance how the Goldsboro police treated a complaint of abuse from one of their Senior Citizens. Unfortunately graft is a serious problem in our public institutions and my heart goes out to these people who were not only treated unfairly but also after an internal investigation still left unsatisfied. If the parties in charge are unwilling to clean up their unprofessional actions there is very little progress for growth. I was relieved to learn the main party resposible for the abuse is retiring and will no longer be around to exercise his abuse on further victoms.
suprised

Postby Uthinker on Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Saw this with my own eyes. The not-so-responsible owners of Durham have a new yellow lab puppy being raised in the same environment as the "sainted" one. Competing for food with the full-grown Rottie and learning to survive with minimal attention. The puppy does get walked on a leash once in a while now. Wonder what will happen when its no longer cute? Or when the owners party all weekend? Or, better yet, when everyone takes off for "a few days?" I am sure the people who live in the neighborhood are delighted with the new addition and are loving hearing the Rottie bark all night!
Uthinker

Previous

Return to Community Forum