By Bonnie Edwards
Published in News on February 4, 2004 2:00 PM
Gary and Kristen Bunn are living with her mother since losing everything last month in a house fire.
The couple lived in a mobile home on Westbrook Road in the Rosewood community of Wayne County when a fire broke out around 7 on the night of Jan. 21 and destroyed everything they owned. The family said they found out it was caused by an electrical short behind the stove.
Teresa Best, Mrs. Bunn's cousin, said the family bought Christmas presents again for the boys -- Dyllyn, 4 and Kyle, 8.
She said the Bunns were at an auction in Greenville when it occurred. She said Mrs. Bunn thought the boys were still in the house with the sitter when she arrived at home to see the fire trucks and the flames.
But Judy Britt, Mrs. Bunn's mother, said nobody was home at the time. The children were supposed to be home, she said. But the sitter, Cindy Aldridge, had decided to take them to a grill in Kenly to eat.
They're staying with Mrs. Britt, who can be reached by calling 689-9597. Donations of items and money are welcome, she said.
"They're doing so-so," said Mrs. Britt. "All her makeup, everything. It's all gone. We've been sharing. The children have been so good. They haven't mentioned their toys at all."
They need everything in household furnishings, she said. Bunn wears large shirts and pants size 32-24. Mrs. Bunn wears a dress in size 14 to 16. Kyle Bunn wears 16 husky, and Dyllyn wears 4 toddler.
The family is getting estimates for the insurance company, but Mrs. Britt said the policy doesn't cover the contents of the home very well.
Other Local News
- Care in the sky: Members of the aeromedical evacuation crew fight to get injured troops back to their families