Cotton on fire
By News-Argus Staff
Published in News on June 9, 2005 1:51 PM
Spontaneous combustion was blamed for a fire at the Tri-County Cotton Gin near Summerlin's Crossroads in north central Duplin County on Wednesday. Volunteers from the Oak Wolfe Volunteer Fire Department, with help from firefighters from the Pleasant Grove and Calypso departments, spent all day at the scene, after receiving the emergency call soon after 7 a.m. Firefighters, shown taking a break at right, remained at the gin until 9 p.m. to ensure that all "hot spots" had been eliminated. No damage report was available.
Other Local News
- Care in the sky: Members of the aeromedical evacuation crew fight to get injured troops back to their families