By News-Argus Staff
Published in News on October 19, 2005 1:52 PM
Mount Olive Assistant Chief Greg Wiggins stands in front of a burning house at 403 E. Nelson St. in Mount Olive Tuesday afternoon. The house, valued at $40,000, received an estimated $15,000 in damage. The damage to the contents was estimated at $10,000. Firemen said the cause of the fire was probably an overloaded drop cord in one of the bedrooms. Jefferson Whitfield is the occupant of the house, and Mary Cobb is the owner. Mount Olive, Calypso and Dudley fire departments answered the 4:30 p.m. call.
Other Local News
- Care in the sky: Members of the aeromedical evacuation crew fight to get injured troops back to their families