Man dies in fire at apartment building
By Bonnie Edwards
Published in News on February 8, 2006 1:51 PM
WARSAW -- A man died Tuesday in a fire that engulfed his apartment in Warsaw.
Kenneth Malcolm Holloman, 55, of Quail Hollow Apartments, was alone in the apartment when it caught fire, authorities said.
Warsaw police said in a statement that the apartment manager and neighbors tried to rescue Hollowman but were unable to do so.
The emergency call came in about 9:35 a.m., officials said. Police, firefighters and the Duplin County Fire Marshal's office responded.
Assisting in the investigation were the SBI and the state Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms officials.
No cause of either the fire or Holloman's death were released.
An autopsy was scheduled for today in Jacksonville. Investigators said the results might take several days before they are made available.
Other Local News
- Care in the sky: Members of the aeromedical evacuation crew fight to get injured troops back to their families