Spilled fuel led to blaze
By News-Argus Staff
Published in News on February 20, 2006 1:53 PM
Fuel spilled from a motorcycle was ignited by a propane heater about midnight Sunday, setting off a fire that heavily damaged a house at 302 Wood St. William Coley told Goldsboro Fire Department officials that he had been working on his motorcycle in an attached garage when the fire started. He was unable to put it out before it spread and had to then wake up his wife and help her get out of the house. The home, valued at $114,000, sustained about $95,000 in damages. The damage to household contents was estimated at $40,000. The Harley-Davidson motorcycle, valued at $15,000, and a lawn mower, valued at $3,000, also were destroyed. Vehicles owned by a friend of Coley's sustained an estimated $11,000 in damages.
Other Local News
- Care in the sky: Members of the aeromedical evacuation crew fight to get injured troops back to their families