Authorities interview two robbery suspects
By Nick Hiltunen
Published in News on April 16, 2008 2:00 PM
Authorities confirmed that two more convenience stores were robbed in the county last night and two suspects are currently being interviewed.
Last night's robberies bring the total to nine robberies possibly committed by the same sawed-off shotgun-toting robber, police said.
But authorities believe they may finally have caught men who may have been responsible for the string of armed thefts.
Two suspects were being interviewed by Goldsboro police and Wayne County authorities this morning, authorities said.
Police said the suspects were stopped on Royall Avenue.
Wayne County Sheriff's Office Capt. Tom Effler said Tuesday's robberies occurred at the Kangaroo on U.S. 70 West, which had previously been robbed, and at the Bojangle's restaurant on Goldsboro's North Spence Avenue.
Effler said both Goldsboro police and Wayne County authorities were working with interviews, but no charges had yet been filed.
Both city and county authorities have been working to find the armed robber, who used a sawed-off shotgun to intimidate clerks, attempt to or steal cash and sometimes menthol cigarettes.
Other Local News
- Care in the sky: Members of the aeromedical evacuation crew fight to get injured troops back to their families