Murder suspect will face jury today
By Nick Hiltunen
Published in News on November 19, 2008 1:46 PM
The murder trial of Terreakus Antonio Davis, 25, of Mount Olive, accused of killing one man and injuring another, began Tuesday and is expected to continue through today.
The charges against Davis stem from a March 9, 2007, incident near the intersection of Grantham and Flowers roads where authorities, responding to an emergency call, found Donald Wayne Graham.
Graham, who had been stabbed, told authorities his brother also had been stabbed, and was still at home.
Wayne County Sheriff's Office deputies went to the Flowers Road home of Deon Blake Graham and found him dead under the home's carport from stab wounds, Capt. Tom Effler said.
When police began their investigation, interviews with witnesses showed that the deceased homeowner, Deon Graham, had returned home and found Davis inside with his brother Donald.
Deon told Davis to leave, and a fight ensued, according to archived police records.
Both Graham brothers were stabbed during the incident. Deon did not survive, while Donald was treated and released, records show.
No gun was involved in any of the recorded injuries, but the investigation did show that shots had been fired at the home not long before the death occurred, Effler said.
Sheriff's Office Detective Sgt. Richard Winders is the lead investigator in the case.
Defense attorney Jeffrey Cutler of Wendell is representing Davis.
Testimony was expected to continue today at 9:30 a.m. in Wayne County Superior Court.
Other Local News
- Care in the sky: Members of the aeromedical evacuation crew fight to get injured troops back to their families