Cause of death revealed in Dakota Street fire
By Nick Hiltunen
Published in News on December 12, 2008 4:58 PM
An autopsy from the N.C. Medical Examiner's office in Chapel Hill shows two Goldsboro house fire victims died of smoke inhalation, Goldsboro police Sgt. Chad Calloway said via news release. Joseph and Hilda Allen apparently died of smoke inhalation and related carbon monoxide poisoning, Calloway said. The N.C. Bureau of Investigation has ruled the cause of the fire as accidental. A relative of the victims said the couple owned a space heater with a frayed cord, a fire official has said.
Other Local News
- Care in the sky: Members of the aeromedical evacuation crew fight to get injured troops back to their families