Monument to Whitehall battle is dedicated in Seven Springs
By Dennis Hill
Published in News on December 14, 2008 2:00 AM
Earl Ijames, right, curator of the North Carolina Museum of History, speaks on slavery at the dedication of monument to Confederate soldiers killed at the Battle of Whitehall in 1862. The monument was erected near Seven Springs by the Sons of Confederate Veterans.
This granite monument honoring the Confederate soldiers killed at the Battle of Whitehall and the sailors who served aboard the CSS Neuse was dedicated at a ceremony Saturday. The monument, erected by the Sons of Confederate Veterans, is visible from Lynch Road near Seven Springs.
Please log in to see full story.
Other Local News
- Care in the sky: Members of the aeromedical evacuation crew fight to get injured troops back to their families