Arson suspects sought
By Nick Hiltunen
Published in News on February 8, 2009 2:00 AM
DUDLEY -- Someone attempted to burn down a home lived in by a bedstricken woman and a legally blind man, and authorities say they are without a motive.
The first-degree arson attempt was at 319 Brentwood Drive on Friday morning, Sgt. Joe Smith said.
"I think they (possible suspects) hit the wrong house, because these people don't have nothing to do with (anything)," the sergeant said.
The call came in around 7:30 a.m., the same time Sheriff's Office authorities were handling a multiple break-in call at a nearby Mar-Mac shopping center.
An investigator came to the scene, and authorities said there were persons of interest in the case, but no warrants had been issued.
"They lit the fire, and ran away," the sergeant said. "It was on a wooden door, and it damaged the front door."
Anyone with information about the arson attempt is asked to call the Wayne County Sheriff's Office at 919-731-1481.
"Anybody that's got any information, give the Sheriff's Office a call, because these suspects need to be considered armed and dangerous, due to the fire," Smith said.
Other Local News
- Care in the sky: Members of the aeromedical evacuation crew fight to get injured troops back to their families