Heading to SJAFB for today's show?
By Kenneth Fine
Published in News on April 26, 2009 2:00 AM
If you didn't make it to Seymour Johnson Air Force Base Saturday, there is still a chance to experience all the thrills Wings Over Wayne has to offer.
Gates open this morning at 9 and each of the acts who performed for tens of thousands yesterday will be on hand for an encore.
Food, drinks, sunscreen and keepsakes are all available for purchase and a special air show edition of Seymour Johnson's newspaper, The Wright Times, is being handed out free of charge.
The first performance, courtesy of the Army Golden Knights parachute team, starts at 10 a.m. and the final act to take the skies will be the Navy Blue Angels, set for a 3 p.m. take-off.
The following are being featured at Wings Over Wayne:
* The Army Golden Knights parachute team
* Seymour Johnson's own F-15E Strike Eagle Demonstration Team
* The Navy Blue Angels
* A Military Working Dog demonstration by 4th Fighter Wing Security Forces airmen
* A P-51 flyover
* A Stealth Bomber flyover
* Stunt and aerobatic flying acts
* A tactical demonstration by F-15E Strike Eagles and F-16 Fighting Falcons
* The Virtual Army Exper-ience
* A rock climbing wall
* Dozens of military aircraft, both past and present, on static display
* The chance to say thank you to members from each branch of the U.S. military.
Other Local News
- Care in the sky: Members of the aeromedical evacuation crew fight to get injured troops back to their families