Gas leak handled
By News-Argus Staff
Published in News on June 3, 2009 1:46 PM
Goldsboro Fire Department Capt. Mike Smith works the scene of a gas leak at 810 Beech St. Tuesday morning. Fire officials responded to the gas leak on the corner of Beech Street and Herman Street at 10:24 a.m. and were on the scene until 11:49 a.m. They explained that a 3⁄4-inch natural gas line was punctured when employees of Seegar's Fence Co. struck it with an auger while drilling a hole to install a residential fence. The gas line was replaced by Piedmont Natural Gas. Fire officials blocked Herman Street while the repairs were taking place, but said that because of the favorable wind conditions no evacuations were necessary.
Other Local News
- Care in the sky: Members of the aeromedical evacuation crew fight to get injured troops back to their families