Third Hampton robbery suspect arrested
By Nick Hiltunen
Published in News on June 24, 2009 1:46 PM
Goldsboro police have made a third arrest in the shooting of two people in a botched robbery of the Hampton Inn on Spence Avenue on June 11.
Quinton Edwin Moye, 18, of Brooks Drive, Snow Hill, is charged with one count of attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon.
He also faces two counts of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury for the shootings, which reportedly hit one hotel employee in the leg and another in the buttocks.
Moye was jailed under a $200,000 bond late Tuesday night, police said.
Investigator Dwayne Dean was not immediately available for comment this morning.
A first court appearance was scheduled for today, authorities said.
Previously, two others were arrested in connection with the robbery after police asked for the public's help and released security camera footage of the incident.
Alysha Jeannette Williams, 20, of Vanderbilt Circle, and Jonathan Glenn Sinclair, 16, were both jailed for their alleged involvement.
They face the same charges as Moye, Goldsboro police have said.
Goldsboro police Sgt. Chad Calloway said that Moye's arrest would probably close investigation into the incident unless more information becomes available.
The two shooting victims have been treated and released.
A video taken by cameras posted in the hallway at the inn showed three people, including a possibly pregnant woman, entering the business and attempting to rob the clerk at the front desk.
Another man had been suspected in the robbery but was cleared after an initial investigation.
The would-be robbers did not obtain any money during the attempted heist and fled after firing the shots that wounded the clerks.