Boy Scout sign-ups schedule
By Staff Reports
Published in News on August 30, 2009 12:26 AM
Representatives from local Boy Scout units will visit Wayne County elementary schools during September and October to give boys the opportunity sign up for Cub Scouts. The character-building Scout-ing programs offer a variety of activities such as camps, outdoor exploration, fun competitions and more. These programs help boys develop traits such as confidence, sense of belonging, moral and ethical decision-making, leadership and citizenship.
Parents are invited to attend special sign-up meetings at local schools. The meetings will be held as follows:
* Fremont, Sept. 1, 6:30 p.m., cafeteria
* Northwest, Sept. 1, 6:30 p.m., cafeteria
* Spring Creek, Sept. 3, 6:30 p.m., cafeteria
* Meadow Lane, Sept. 3, 6:30 p.m., cafeteria
* Grantham, Sept. 10, 6:30 p.m., cafeteria
* Eastern Wayne, Sept. 10, 6:30 p.m., cafeteria
* Carver, Sept. 15, 6:30 p.m., cafeteria
* Tommy's Road, Sept. 15, 6:30 p.m., cafeteria
* Brogden, Sept. 22, 6:30 p.m., cafeteria.
Other locations will be added soon.
For more information go to www.basance.org, or call Mark Metzler with the Tuscarora Council, Boy Scouts of America at 734-1714.