Red Cross chapter announces October class schedule
By News-Argus Staff
Published in News on October 4, 2009 2:00 AM
The Wayne County chapter of the American Red Cross is offering the following classes during October:
* Oct. 10 -- baby-sitting class from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The class arms pre-teens and teenagers between the ages of 11 and 15 with skills they need to supervise children and infants while parents are away. Topics include basic first aid, rescue breathing, what to do in a choking situation, bee stings, asthma attacks, burns and what to do if there's an emergency and 911 is needed. The class also teaches basic child care skills such as diapering, feeding, dressing, choosing age-appropriate games and toys.
* Oct. 19 -- adult CPR and automated external defibrillator training from 6 to 10 p.m. The class gives people the knowledge to save a life.
* Oct. 20 -- child CPR from 6 to 10 p.m. The class gives information on how to do rescue breathing on a child or an infant and what to do for a conscious choking child or infant.
* Oct. 21 -- first aid from 6 to 10 p.m. The class trains people in standard first aid -- how to handle sudden illness, splinting and bandaging wounds.
* Oct. 24 -- CPR and automated external defibrillator professional rescuer class from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
All of the classes are held at the Red Cross chapter house at 600 N. George St.
For more information , call 735-7201.