Questions planned for District 2 candidates
By Steve Herring
Published in News on July 20, 2010 1:46 PM
Candidates for the vacant District 2 school board seat Wednesday afternoon will be questioned by the committee charged with making a recommendation to fill that seat.
The interviews will get under way at 1 p.m. in Room 111 of the Jeffreys Building, 134 N. John St.
The committee has a list of 12 questions that Chairman Jack Best will pose to the five candidates. Committee members also will be able to ask questions as well.
The questions Best will ask are:
* Tell us something about yourself and describe your experiences and background.
* Why do you want to be on the Wayne County Board of Education?
* What are your qualifications for serving on the Wayne County Board of Education?
* Do you have the time to commit to serve as the District 2 member on the Wayne County Board of Education?
* How do you work with others in building a consensus?
* How do you make decisions based on facts and the best interests of the Wayne County Public Schools and keeping in mind the constituency you represent in District 2?
* What do you see as the role of the Wayne County Board of Education and the role of the Wayne County Public Schools administration?
* Describe your leadership style.
* What contributions do you believe you would make to the Wayne County Board of Education and Wayne County Public Schools?
* What relationship do you currently have with the Wayne County Public Schools?
* Are you willing to speak out on unpopular actions?
* How do you see the working relationship between the Wayne County Board of Education and Wayne County Board of Commissioners?