Board tables action on request to add gate to local subdivision
By Steve Herring
Published in News on September 15, 2010 1:46 PM
Action was tabled Tuesday night by the Wayne County Planning Board on what would be the county's first gated community.
Developers told the board that members of the Mallard Pointe subdivision Homeowners Association had asked for the gate for security.
However, when the subdivision was approved, the streets were dedicated as public. Gating the community would mean the streets would no longer be public.
County attorney Borden Parker said he had just been handed the information as he walked into the meeting and had not had time to study it. Parker suggested the board table the issue until its October meeting to give him time to review the plats and maps.
Mallard Pointe is located on Hinnant Road in the Buck Swamp Township.
In other business, the board approved the following final plats:
* Paul Kent Joyner, one lot on the south side of Selah Church Road in Grantham Township; owner/developer Anthony Edwards.
* Angela Hood Hancock, one lot on the west side of Falling Creek Church Road in Grantham Township; owners/developers Grover and Molly Hood.
* Westpointe Manor, revision of lot 19 divided into three lots on the north side of Outlaw Road in Brogden Township; owner/developer Haywood Outlaw.
* William R. and Leah Fields, one lot on the north side of Nor-Am Road in Buck Swamp Township; owner, operator William R. and Leah Fields.
* Santos Lopez, two lots east of Camp Jubilee Road in Indian Springs Township.
* Larry Sullivan, two lots on the north side of Fussell Road in New Hope Township; owner/developer Larry Sullivan estate.