Salvation Army accepting applications for holiday help
By Staff Reports
Published in News on October 10, 2010 1:50 AM
The Salvation Army will take applications from Wayne and Sampson county residents who need help with food and/or toys for Christmas, Oct. 25 through 28 at the Salvation Army, 610 N. William St., from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Applications will also be taken from seniors who need food.
Those applying for assistance should bring:
* Proof of income such as pay stubs, verification of AFCD/Work First, Social Security, SSI, unemployment.
* Verification of food stamps received.
* Proof of expenses such as utility bill, rent receipt, cable/Internet bill, phone bill.
* Social Security cards for everyone living in the household (or green cards).
* Birth certificates for all children living in the household under 12 and younger.
* Photo ID of applicant.
Applicants must have all documentation in order to apply for assistance. For more information, call the Salvation Army at 735-4811.