Blood drive schedule set
By From staff reports
Published in News on December 8, 2010 1:46 PM
The Wayne County chapter of the American Red Cross will hold special Beef Up the Blood Supply drives Dec. 20 through 30.
"The Beef up the Blood Supply campaign is twofold," said Kimberly Berrier, senior donor recruitment representative.
"We want to focus on the importance of eating healthy and giving blood."
She noted that eating healthy can increase a donor's iron, which will ensure a successful blood donation. During the Beef up the Blood Supply drives, donors will receive a coupon for a free cheeseburger from Andy's Burgers, Shakes and Fries.
Drives will be held at the following locations:
* St. Paul United Methodist Church Dec. 20 from 3 to 7 p.m.
* Wayne County Chapter house, 600 N. George St., Dec. 21 from 3 to 7 p.m.
* Walmart Dec. 23 from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
* Chili's restaurant Dec. 27 from noon to 4:30 p.m.
* Goldsboro Milling Co. Dec. 29 from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
* Mount Olive Presbyterian Church Dec. 30 from 1:30 to 6 p.m.