Five to compete in Miss Goldsboro Scholarship Pageant Saturday
By From staff reports
Published in News on March 20, 2011 1:50 AM
Five young women will compete Saturday, March 26 for the title of Miss Goldsboro.
The Miss Goldsboro Scholarship Pageant is a preliminary to the Miss North Carolina and Miss America Scholarship pageants.
The event will be held at Wayne Community College at 7 p.m.
In addition, three girls will compete for the title of Goldsboro's Outstanding Teen.
Tickets are $12 in advance and $15 at the door. They can be purchased by contacting Jay Sauls at (919) 330-8859 or by e-mailing email@example.com.
The contestants for Miss Goldsboro are:
* Chelsea Guild, the daughter of Pete and Kathie Guild. She is a junior at East Carolina University majoring in communications and hospitality management. Her platform is "Jump on Childhood Obesity," and she will perform a rhythmic jump rope routine in the talent competition.
* Leslie LaVictoire, the daughter of Robert LaVictoire and Catherine Good. She is a senior at East Carolina University majoring in health information and health services management with a minor in business. Her platform is titled "S.O.G.I.V.E." and she will perform a lyrical dance in the talent competition.
* Hailey Best, the daughter of Michael and Kim Best. She is a sophomore at Meredith College majoring in vocal performance. Her platform is the "Live On Foundation," and she will perform a vocal presentation in the talent competition.
* Gabrielle Brown, the daughter of Billy and Lisa Brown. She is a senior at East Carolina University majoring in exercise physiology. Her platform is "Preventing Domestic Violence," and she will perform a vocal presentation in the talent competition.
* Ashton Eakes, the daughter of Janet Walker. She is a senior at North Carolina State University majoring in middle school language arts and social studies education. Her platform is "United Way," and she will perform a contemporary lyrical dance in the talent competition.
The contestants for Outstanding Teen are Erin McCleary, Megan Anna Griffin and Katie Lee.