Red Cross holding September blood drives
By From staff reports
Published in News on August 28, 2011 1:50 AM
The American Red Cross will offer a special incentive at its September blood drives.
Donors will be entered into a regional drawing for a pair of domestic round-trip tickets on Delta Airlines and a $500 gift card.
"While we know our donors give because they want to help someone in need, it's always a pleasure to provide such a great incentive to those who give so selflessly of their time and resources," said Joyce Brendel, CEO the American Red Cross Carolinas Blood Services Region.
Blood drives for September:
* Sept. 1 from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Adamsville Baptist Church.
* Sept. 3 from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Berkeley Mall.
* Sept. 6 from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Wayne Community College and from 2 to 6:30 p.m. at St. Stephens Episcopal Church.
* Sept. 9 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base.
* Sept. 13 from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Mount Olive College and from 1:30 to 6 p.m. at the Red Cross chapter, 600 N. George St.
* Sept. 14 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Spring Creek High School.
* Sept. 15 from noon to 4:30 p.m. at Chili's of Goldsboro.
* Sept. 19 from 1:30 to 6 p.m. at Wayne Christian School.
* Sept. 20 from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Goldsboro High School and from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Democko Chiropractic of Goldsboro.
* Sept. 26 from 1 to 5:30 p.m. at Sam's Club.
* Sept. 29 from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Public Works Maintenance Center, from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at O'Berry Center and from 7:30 a.m. 4:30 p.m. at TIC Progress Energy.
For more information about the blood drives, call the Red Cross office at 735-7201.