Salvation Army now taking applications for Christmas aid
By News-Argus Staff
Published in News on October 24, 2011 1:46 PM
The Salvation Army will be taking applications for those needing help at Christmas time Monday through Oct. 27 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at its building at 610 N. William St.
Those filling out an application will need to take the following items:
* Proof of all income (pay stub, verification of AFDC/work first, Social Security, SSI, unemployment)
* Verification and account number for food stamps
* Proof of all expenses (rent receipt, utility bill, gas bill, cable bill, phone bill, insurance)
* Social Security cards or green cards for everyone living in the home
* Birth certificates for all children living in the home 12 and younger
* Picture ID for person applying
Those applying for assistance have to have all documentation with them at the time they apply.
For more information, call the Salvation Army at 735-48111.