Roads on list for repairs
By From staff reports
Published in News on January 13, 2012 1:46 PM
Work could begin as early as March 16 on $1.5 million in resurfacing on sections of U.S. 13, U.S. 70 and N.C. 581 totaling 10.2 miles.
The Department of Transportation awarded the contract to S.T. Wooten Corp. of Wilson.
Final completion is scheduled for no later than Dec. 1.
The following sections of U.S. 13 will be resurfaced:
* From Bentonville Road to King Road
* From Providence Church Road to Gainey Drive
* From Old Mount Olive Road to 500 feet south of Five Points Road in both directions
* From I-795 to the southern Goldsboro city limit in both directions.
U.S. 70 will be resurfaced from Lake Wackena Road to Beston Road in both directions.
* The following sections of N.C. 581 will be resurfaced:
* From N.C. 111 west to the bridge 0.81 miles away
* From southeast of Arrington Bridge Road to U.S. 13.
This is one of 30 contracts totaling $82.6 million awarded by Department of Transportation Secretary Gene Conti this month for highway and bridge projects across North Carolina. DOT awarded the contracts to the lowest bidders, as required by state law. The contracts awarded came in about 8 percent, or about $7.2 million, below DOT estimates.
For information about funding for infrastructure improvements in North Carolina, as well as other DOT projects and activities, visit www.ncdot.gov.