02/10/12 — Public record

View Archive

Public record

By From staff reports
Published in News on February 10, 2012 1:46 PM

City fire reports

During the week of Jan. 27 to Feb. 2, the Goldsboro Fire Department responded to 35 calls.

Of all the calls made, 14 were assists to Wayne County Emergency Medical Services, seven were false alarms and five were to vehicle accidents.

The seven-day period also included calls to three vehicle fires and one structure fire.

Firefighters from Alpha shift at Station 2, located at 1900 Royall Ave., responded to a house fire at 506 Rudolph St. at 12:32 p.m. Jan. 30. Their response time was four minutes and 31 seconds. Smoke and fire were showing on the front and side of the home upon arrival. Bystanders reported that no one lived in the home, but a neighbor in the multi-unit structure may have been inside. An unresponsive dog was found inside the apartment. The dog was removed, but efforts to resuscitate it with oxygen were unsuccessful.

A subsequent investigation showed that a burner on the stove had been on and a nearby aluminum pan caught fire, which eventually spread to the entire kitchen. The occupant of the home, who had not lived in the unit for about two weeks, told authorities that she had stopped by the home earlier in day for a brief time, but had not entered the kitchen.

Firefighters from Charlie shift a Station 5, located at 3521 Central Heights Road, responded to a vehicle fire at 2606 Lisa Lane at 8:52 p.m. Jan. 27. Their response time was reported at seven minutes. The fire was under control in five minutes, as firefighters used foam to completely extinguished the blaze that fully involved a Ford Bronco on their arrival. The nearby home that was initially threatened by the fire was not harmed.

Firefighters from the Bravo shift at Station 2 responded to a vehicle fire at 300 N. Spence Ave. at 10:41 a.m. Jan. 31. Their response time was four minutes and 13 seconds. Firefighters found the passenger vehicle engulfed in flames on arrival. After extinguishing the fire, firefighters discovered a short under the dash was found to be the origin of fire.

B&Es and larcenies

*Daniel Crowley reported the theft of more than $2,000 from his home during a break-in that took place Wednesday. The stolen property included a laptop, currency and jewelry. Entry was made into his home in the 300 block of N. Beston Road by kicking in a door.

*James Sharret reported a break-in to a residence in the 1400 block of Emmaus Church Road in Dudley that occurred between Dec. 1 and Wednesday. A window was broken to gain entry. The stolen property, which had a value of more than $7,500, included a microwave, clothes dryer, clothes washer, 1973 Harley Davidson motorcycle, generator and leaf shredder.