Miss Goldsboro pageant to be Saturday
By Phyllis Moore
Published in News on February 15, 2012 1:46 PM
Six contestants will be vying for the title of Miss Goldsboro 2012 Saturday night.
The pageant starts at 7 p.m. at the Paramount Theater. The box office opens at 5 p.m. but there are limited seats available, says Kim Best, executive director of the scholarship program.
In addition to contestants for the local crown, six girls are in the running for Outstanding Teen and another 16 participating in the Carolina Princess Mentoring Program, open to youth 6 to 12 years old.
Contestants include five college students and one high school senior.
* Sarah Ashley, 21, is a sophomore at East Carolina University.
* Blythe Barnes is a 21-year-old student at Wilson Community College.
* Blair Mozingo, 22, is a junior at Mount Olive College.
* Armani Perry, 17, is a senior at Rosewood High School.
* Michelle Simmons, 23, is a recent graduate of Methodist University.
* Katie Wheeler, 20, is a junior at Meredith College.
Goldsboro Outstanding Teen Contestants include Chasity Carroway, a 14-year-old freshman at Parrott Academy; Alison Ennett, a 16-year-old junior at Isaac Bear Early College at UNC-Wilmington;Alyssa Graham, 16, a student at Wayne Early/College High School; Charlotte Kornegay, 16, a Rosewood High School junior; Mackenzie Malham, 16, a junior at Wayne School of Engineering; and Madeline Smith, 16, an Eastern Wayne High School junior.