Miss Rosewood pageant Saturday
By Staff Reports
Published in News on March 2, 2012 1:55 PM
Nine young women will compete for the title of Miss Rosewood at the annuyal annual Miss Rosewood Scholarship Pageant on Saturday at 7 p.m. in the Wayne Community College auditorium.
Admission at the door will be $7. Special entertainment will include Miss Rosewood 2011 Armani Perry, Miss Eastern Wayne 2011 Rachel Wegman, and Miss Goldsboro 2012 Blair Mozingo.
* Taylor Brock, daughter of Mike and Dianne Brock, will be singing "Beautiful Disaster."
* Kelly Grace Keen, daughter of Pete and Debbie Keen, will be dancing and tumbling to a remix of songs from 2011.
* Kiera Lewis, daughter of Kim Coble and Scott Martin, will be jazz dancing and tumbling to "All That Jazz" from the musical "Chicago."
* Laura Vinson, daughter of Danny and Debbie Vinson, will be singing Glee's rendition of "Imagine."
* Ariana Downs, daughter of Charlene and Ed Bayne, will be singing "Love is an Army."
* Charlotte Kornegay, daughter of Michael Rex and Susan Kornegay, will be singing "Don't Rain on My Parade" from the Broadway musical Funny Girl.
* Abigale Godwin, daughter of Cristina and Alonzo Godwin, will perform a mixed martial arts unarmed form combined with sword form.
* Logan Bill, daughter of David and Amanda Bill, will be using sign language and sign to the song "Skyscraper" with a challenge to help curb bullying in schools.
* Brooke Bell, daughter of Rene Hare and Gary Bell Jr., will be playing the song "I Can Only Imagine" on the guitar.
For more information, contact Rhonda Greenup at Rosewood High School at 705-6050.