Fire on Rouse Farm Road
By News-Argus Staff
Published in News on July 15, 2012 1:50 AM
Firefighters douse a smoldering building with water Saturday night on N.C. 55 at Rouse Farm Road. The building, used for storage of Julius Rouse's many antiques, caught fire while he was cooking in the back of it. Propane tanks were feeding the blaze when responders from Pricetown Volunteer Fire Department arrived about 8 p.m. Chief Joey McCullen said firefighters contained the fire within 10 minutes and were able to save most of the building, with damage limited to the back porch and wall. Also responding to the call were members of the Indian Springs, Seven Springs and Mount Olive fire departments along with Wayne County EMS Station 11.