Wayne Junior Miss to be Saturday
By Staff Reports
Published in News on September 29, 2012 11:58 PM
The 13 contestants in the Wayne County Junior Miss scholarship program set for 7 p.m. Saturday at the Paramount Threatre are Emily Daniel, Brittani Eichelberger, Rae Evans, Sara Fallin, Molly Glover, Morgan Hooks, Morgan Howell, Jenna Hussey, Charlotte Kornegay, Sarah Lapas, Emily Mitchell and Alaina Ruggery.
Thirteen young women are preparing to compete Saturday in the Wayne County Junior Miss scholarship program for the title of Distinguished Young Woman of the Year of Wayne County and a share of $7,150 in cash scholarships.
Scheduled for 7 p.m. at the Paramount Theatre, the pageant serves as a preliminary for the Distinguished Young Women of North Carolina, and the Distinguished Young Women of America Program, which will be held in February 2013.
The 13 teens participating this year are:
* Amy Clarke of Wayne Christian School, daughter of Keith and Julia Clarke
* Emily Daniel of Spring Creek High School, daughter of Alston and Connie Daniel
* Brittani Eichelberger of Southern Wayne High School, daughter of David and Ginger Hutchison and Andy Eichelberger
* Rae Evans of Eastern Wayne High School, daughter of Beajeanna Goodman and Lasann Evans
* Sara Fallin of Parrott Academy, daughter of Debbie and Phil Fallin
* Molly Glover of Wayne Christian School, daughter of Sherill and Robin Glover
* Morgan Hooks of Charles B. Aycock High School, daughter of Billy and Rebecca Hooks
* Morgan Howell of Spring Creek High School, daughter of Jerry and Susie Howell
* Jenna Hussey of Charles B. Aycock High School, daughter of Jeff and Felicia Hussey
* Charlotte Kornegay of Rosewood High School, daughter of Susan and Michael Kornegay
* Sarah Lapas of Eastern Wayne High School, daughter of Adrian and Alicia Lapas
* Emily Mitchell of Wayne Early Middle College High School, daughter of Steve and Ellen Mitchell
* Alaina Ruggery of Eastern Wayne High School, daughter of Joseph and Lisa Ruggery.
The categories in which each contestant are evaluated are scholatics (20 percent), interview (25 percent), talent (24 percent), fitness (15 percent) and self-expression (15 percent).
For more information, call (919) 288-2828 or email waynejuniormiss @hotmail.com.