Miss Spring Creek High School Pageant Saturday
By From staff reports
Published in News on January 27, 2013 1:50 AM
Seven contestants will vie for the title of Miss Spring Creek 2013 during the scholarship pageant Saturday at 6:30 p.m. at the Paramount Theatre.
Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 at the door.
Scholarship awards to the college of choice will be made to the winner for $1,500, $800 for the first runner-up and $500 for second runner-up. In-kind scholarships to Mount Olive College will also be given to the top three finalists, in the amount of $2,500, $2,000 and $1,500.
* Contestant No. 1 is Grecia Aguirre, a senior who plans to go to college and study to become a physical therapist. The 17-year-old daughter of Olinda Palacios and Saul Aguirre will perform a vocal solo to "No One."
* Contestant No. 2, Emily Daniel, will sing, "Can't Help Lovin' Dat Man!" The 17-year-old is a senior and the daughter of Connie and Alston Daniel. She plans to attend an in-state college.
* Contestant No. 3, Sarah Kemp, a senior, aspires to enroll in the engineering program at N.C. State University. For her talent, the 17-year-old will sing, "Temporary Home." She is the daughter of Hart and Suzanne Kemp.
* Contestant No. 4, Amanda Strickland, 17, will perform a saxophone solo to "Moon River." The senior plans to attend Meredith College and one day teach at a university. Her parents are John and Jackie Strickland.
* Contestant No. 5, Shatonia Kenion, is interested in working in the medical field and plans to attend UNC-Wilmington. The 18-year-old senior is the daughter of Shereen Lanier and Rodney Lanier. For her talent, she will sing, "Someone Like You."
* Contestant No. 6, Morgan Howell will perform a lyrical dance to "Fragile." The 17-year-old senior is the daughter of Jerry and Susie Howell. She plans to attend UNC-Greensboro in the fall.
* Contestant No. 7 is Mykayla Hines, 18-year-old daughter of Scott and Terry Hines. The senior plans to attend Wayne Community College and then East Carolina, majoring in elementary education. She will sing, "You Can Let Go."