Events set for Wayne Reads
By From staff reports
Published in News on February 10, 2013 1:50 AM
Wayne County Reads continues its 2013 "season of reading" with a lecture and a book discussion this week.
Dr. A.J. Bullard will speak on "Medicinal and Native Plants of the Carolinas" at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 12. Location is the video conference room in Moye Library at Mount Olive College.
On Wednesday, Feb. 13, the Brown Bag Book Club will discuss this year's book selection, "Bless Me, Ultima" by Rudolfo Anaya. It will be held at noon in the Seymour Johnson Air Force Base Library in the Watkins-Das Education Center on the base. Contact the library at 919-722-5825 with questions about base access.
The rest of the WCR events in its 10th annual series of programs are:
* Feb. 19, 7 p.m., Panel Discussion: Faith and Family in Bless Me, Ultima, Weil Auditorium, Wayne County Public Library.
* Feb. 21, 6 p.m., Book Discussion, Brown Bag Book Club, Seymour Johnson Air Force Base Library (for those with base access), SJAFB
* Feb. 23, 10 a.m., Story Time with Ron Jones, Native American and Hispanic folklore for children and their families, Weil Auditorium, Wayne County Public Library.
* Feb. 26, 7 p.m., Hispanic Food Demonstration by Caminando Juntos Club of the Wayne County Extension and Community Association, WAGES kitchen, 601 Royall Ave.
* Feb. 28, 7 p.m., Terrarium Building Workshop with Jessie Strickland, Weil Auditorium, Wayne County Public Library.
* March 2, 2-5 p.m., Festival to Celebrate Latino Culture for all ages and ethnicities at the Wayne County Center, 208 W. Chestnut St.