Commissioners planning another round of departmental reports
By Steve Herring
Published in News on March 27, 2013 1:46 PM
Wayne County commissioners Thursday morning will hold their third and final special session to hear presentations by county department heads as the county moves toward coming up with a budget for fiscal year 2013-14.
However, the special session won't be limited to the presentations. Commissioners also are scheduled to talk legislative issues beginning at 12:30 p.m.
Thursday's special session will start at 9 a.m. in the commissioners' meeting room on the fourth floor of the county courthouse annex.
The agenda does not list specific legislative issues -- commissioners are expected to make that decision during Thursday's meeting.
The discussion is in preparation of an April 5 meeting with the county's state legislative delegation.
The meeting will be held at 8:30 a.m. at the Goldsboro Country Club with Sen. Louis Pate, Sen. Don Davis, Rep. John Bell, Rep. Larry Bell and Rep. Jimmy Dixon.
Up first Thursday at 9 a.m. is Soil and Water, followed by Cooperative Extension at 9:30, Services on Aging at 10, Wayne Executive Jetport at 10:30 and Facility Services at 11.
Department managers were asked to address the following questions in their presentations:
* What is your department responsible for?
* What issues do you see with upcoming budgets from the state/federal governments and effects it may have on your budget?
* What trends do you see for your department as it relates to the economy, clients, customers, revenues, expenditures, etc.?
* What are your department goals? How do you intend to accomplish them? What resources will be needed?
* What is your total budget and how much of your budget is funded by the county?
* Is your department mandated by law (state or federal)?
* How many employees work in your department, full-time and part-time?