Rescue squad gives truck back to Lions Club
By Matt Caulder
Published in News on May 1, 2013 1:46 PM
Judy Anderson-Kornegay, captain of the volunteer Goldsboro Rescue Squad, points out the faded stenciling on the 1952 Chevrolet 3/4 ton panel truck that was converted to an ambulance in the 1950s. The truck was donated to the squad by the Goldsboro Lions Club. The Goldsboro Rescue Squad donated it back to the club in a ceremony on Saturday.
On Saturday, after 60 years, the Goldsboro Rescue Squad's first ambulance was returned to the Goldsboro Lion's Club, which had donated it to the squad in 1953. "It went back to them for its final ride to the Lion's...
Please log in to see full story.