Fire destroys home
By News-Argus Staff
Published in News on June 16, 2013 1:50 AM
Billie Knox of 147 Colonial Circle lost her home shortly after lunch Saturday. Firefighters from El-Roy, Pinewood, New Hope and Arrington volunteer fire departments arrived on the scene to find her single-wide mobile home fully engulfed in flames. Knox managed to get out of the house safely before firefighters arrived. The cause of the fire was an electric short in a window AC unit, according to fire officials on the scene. The mobile home was a total loss but no one was injured.