Filing deadline is Friday
By News-Argus Staff
Published in News on July 18, 2013 1:46 PM
Friday at noon is the deadline for candidates to file for the municipal and sanitary district seats up for election in November.
Elections will be held in Mount Olive, Pikeville, Eureka, Seven Springs and Walnut Creek. Seats also are up on the sanitary boards for Belfast-Patetown, Eastern Wayne, Southeastern Wayne, Southern Wayne and Fork Township.
All of the races are nonpartisan.
Filing this week through Wednesday were:
* Pikeville: Garrett Johnston, commissioner
* Walnut Creek: Steven D. "Pete" Benton of Goldsboro, councilman; Mike Daly of Goldsboro, councilman.
Filing for sanitary district boards were:
* Eastern Wayne: Daryl Anderson of LaGrange (incumbent);
* Fork Township: Justin Revels of Goldsboro; Marsha Thorne Green of Goldsboro
* Southeastern Wayne: Sam Casey of Dudley (incumbent); Albert Williams Jr.
* Southern Wayne: Charles McLendon of Dudley.