Police arrest eight in city sting
By John Joyce
Published in News on July 24, 2013 1:46 PM
Jennifer Lynn Bruner
Lotrola Antina Lewis
Kevonta Dontrilla King
Melissa Danielle Monroe
Susan Rae Davis
Malissa F. Davis
A sting operation conducted by the Goldsboro and Mount Olive police departments netted eight arrests for soliciting prostitution in the 300 block of Royall Avenue on Tuesday.
Arrests were made throughout the night and the suspects brought before a magistrate to set bond, according to records in the Clerk of Courts Office.
Each of the eight women arrested, except for one, was given either a $2,000 or $4,000 secured bond and placed in the Wayne County Jail pending a first appearance, according to reports.
One of the women, Jennifer Lynn Bruner, 31, of 1012 N. George St., received a $2,000 unsecured bond.
In one instance, a deal was struck between an undercover officer and an alleged prostitute for sex in exchange for $40, reports showed. In another case, the same deal was agreed to for $20.
Two of the women arrested were also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and a third had a charge listed as "two days contempt."
Goldsboro Police Chief Jeff Stewart was away at a conference and unavailable for comment.
Maj. Al King of the police Investigations Department said a press release was being put together and would be issued in the coming days after a "few more things are cleared up," but said he could not answer any questions about the operation at this time.
Chief Brian Rhodes of the Mount Olive Police Department did not return phone calls by press time.
Those arrested and their charges include:
* Paula Locklear, 31, 603 E. Walnut St., soliciting for prostitution, $2,000 secured bond.
* Bobbie J. Newhart, 43, 317 Second St., soliciting for prostitution, $2,000 secured bond.
* Jennifer Lynn Bruner, 31, 1012 N. George St., soliciting for prostitution, $2,000 unsecured bond.
* Lotrola Antina Lewis, 48, 403 Wilmington Ave., soliciting for prostitution, $2,000 secured bond.
* Kevonta Dontrilla King, 30, streets of Goldsboro, soliciting for prostitution, $4,000 secured bond.
* Melissa Danielle Monroe, 29, 406 Hinson St., soliciting for prostitution, possession of drug paraphernalia, $2,000 secured bond.
* Susan Rae Davis, 42, 312 N. George St., soliciting for prostitution, two days contempt.
* Malissa F. Davis, 39, 614 Slaughter St., soliciting for prostitution.