Commissioners town meetings
By Steve Herring
Published in News on September 2, 2013 1:46 PM
The schedule is:
* Fremont, Tuesday, Sept. 3, at 5:30 p.m. at Lane Tree Golf Club
* Mount Olive, Monday, Sept. 9, at 5:30 p.m. at Ribeye's on North Center Street
* Seven Springs, Thursday, Sept. 12, at 6 p.m. at the Seven Springs Restaurant
* Eureka, Wednesday, Sept. 11, at 11:30 a.m. at Lane Tree Golf Club
* Pikeville, Wednesday, Sept. 18, at noon at Lane Tree Golf Club
* Walnut Creek, Thursday, Sept. 19, at noon at the Walnut Creek Country Club
* Goldsboro, Monday, Sept. 30, at 8 a.m. at the Goldsboro City Hall conference room.
Agendas have not yet been announced.
"The meetings are an opportunity for open discussion between the county and municipalities regarding topics of interest and to discover areas where we can strengthen our partnerships," Wayne County Manager Lee Smith said. "The Board of Commissioners sees these meetings as an opportunity to network and to build stronger relationships with boards and individual council members.
"We are looking forward to the meetings, to finding out where the various municipalities are in their individual projects and finding out how we might tie those things together."
County officials said the meeting would also serve as a forerunner to the update for the county's land use plan, which was first adopted in March 2008. It was last updated in August 2009.
A copy of the plan is on the county's website, www.waynegov.com under the Planning Department tab.