Nine to compete for Miss Aycock on Saturday
By From staff reports
Published in News on February 19, 2014 1:46 PM
Nine senior girls at Charles B. Aycock High School will compete for the title of Miss Aycock on Saturday. The pageant will begin at 7 p.m. in the school's gymatorium. Admission will be $5.
The following contestants are vying for this year's crown:
* Payton Anders, 18, will perform "Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns 'N Roses on acoustic guitar. She is the daughter of Kelly and Bryan Anders.
* Madison Batts, the 17-year-old the daughter of Bill and Wendi Batts, will sing "Part of Your World" from the movie, "Little Mermaid," with an introduction in sign language.
* Jade Creel, 17, will perform a contemporary dance to "Skinny Love" by Birde. Her parents are Derrick and Lynn Creel.
* Molly Grimes, 17, will sing "Good Morning, Baltimore" from the musical "Hairspray. She is the daughter of Kerri and Bo Grimes.
* Sarah Hodgin, 17, will perform a lyrical solo to "Light Up the Sky" by Christina Aguilera. Her parents are Jeanne and George Hodgin Jr.
* Kristen Johnson, the 17-year-old daughter of Michele and Eddie Johnson, will perform a lyrical solo to "He Wants It All" by Forever Jones.
* Janell Mills, 16, daughter of Shontrell Parker, will sing "Ribbon in the Sky" by Stevie Wonder.
* Chelsea Olson, 17, will perform the classical aria by Andrew Lloyd Webber "Pie Jesu" in Latin. She is the daughter of Scott and Robyn Olson.
* Kayla Sauls, 17, the daughter of Bryant and Donna Sauls. She will sing "Let It Go" from the movie "Frozen."