Mount Olive chamber to host Leadercast
By From staff reports
Published in News on April 8, 2014 1:46 PM
MOUNT OLIVE -- Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Laura Bush will headline the 2014 Leadercast, scheduled for Friday, May 9, and to be broadcast live in the Southern Bank Auditorium at the University of Mount Olive.
The event will be hosted locally by the Mount Olive Area Chamber of Commerce and the Lois G. Britt Agribusiness Center.
"We are pleased to be able to present Leadercast locally for the third straight year," said Julie Beck, president of the Mount Olive Area Chamber of Commerce. "This is an impressive array of speakers that we can bring to organizations and individuals right here in our home community."
Based on experience from last year, she said, the program "is a dynamic mix of challenging messages, humor, and thought-provoking insights. And, the facilities at the University of Mount Olive are perfect for this event."
Leadercast exists to positively change the way the world thinks about leadership, she said.
This year's theme -- Beyond You -- challenges leaders to focus outward rather than inward.
Leadercast is broadcast live from Atlanta to hundreds of hosting sites throughout the nation.
Tutu, Nobel laureate and human rights activist, and former first lady Mrs. Bush are just two on the line up for May 9.
Also scheduled to participate are:
* Andy Stanley, leadership author and communicator
* Malcolm Gladwell, journalist and best-selling author of "The Tipping Point and Outliers"
* Randall Wallace, screenwriter, director, producer and songwriter ("Braveheart," "Secretariat")
* Bill McDermott, CEO of SAP
* Laura Schroff, former ad sales executive and best-selling author of An Invisible Thread
* Dr. Henry Cloud, clinical psychologist and leadership consultant
* Simon Sinek, best-selling author of "Start with Why" and leadership expert.
Tickets for the event, which includes lunch, are $75 per person until May 1. After May 1 tickets are $100.
A group rate of $65 per person is available for 10 or more, and discounts are offered for students and Mount Olive Chamber members.
To order tickets, contact the Mount Olive Chamber at 919-658-3113. Online registration and ordering are also available at www.mountolivechamber.com.