Store receives bomb threat
By John Joyce
Published in News on July 7, 2014 1:46 PM
A bomb threat preceded the Friday night fireworks display and July Fourth celebrations, at least for the employees of one local business and the Goldsboro Police Department.
An unknown man called the Rue 21 retail outlet at 6:35 p.m. Friday and said, "You have 15 minutes to get out or we are going to blow up the (expletive) building," a Goldsboro police report said.
Police officers responded and assisted the employees with checking the store, the report said.
No explosives were found.
Cydney Johnson, an employee, reported having a problem with a group of customers earlier in the day and thought they might have had a role in the hoax.
No suspect description was listed on the report and no charges have been filed.