American Red Cross sets blood drive dates
By From staff reports
Published in News on July 20, 2014 1:50 AM
Summer is here and that's when blood donations typically drop. The American Red Cross is encouraging Wayne County residents to take time out of their busy summer schedules to give blood.
Here is the blood drive schedule:
* Aug. 6 from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Wayne County Bar Association and Wayne County Board of Elections at 209 S. William St.
* Aug. 8 from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Wayne Memorial Hospital.
* Aug. 12 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Chevrolet of Goldsboro.
* Aug. 15 from 2 to 6:30 p.m. at Central Baptist Church in Dunn.
* Aug. 16 from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Berkeley Mall.
* Aug. 17 from noon to 4:30 p.m. at Garris Chapel United Methodist Church in LaGrange.
* Aug. 20 from 1:30 to 6 p.m. at Mt. Olive Pickle Co.
* Aug. 21 from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Butterball near Mount Olive.
* Aug. 23 from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the First Pentecostal Holiness Church.
* Aug. 24 from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Bethel Church.
* Aug. 28 from 1:30 to 6 p.m. at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and 1:30 to 6 p.m. at Mount Olive Presbyterian Church sponsored by Southern Bank and Trust Co.
* Aug. 30 from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Mount Pleasant Church Ministries in Clinton.
For more information about these and other blood drives or to sponsor a blood drive, call the Red Cross office at 919-735-7201.