Small business owners can learn new skills at WCC
By Staff Reports
Published in News on August 20, 2014 1:46 PM
This fall the Wayne Business and Industry Center's Small Business Center at Wayne Community College will be taking several of its offerings on the road.
In addition to offerings on the WCC campus, the packed schedule of free seminars designed to prepare the business person to meet the challenges facing small businesses. Other sites will include the public libraries in Mount Olive, Fremont and Goldsboro.
The seminars are:
* How to Start a Business: Aug. 27, 6-9 p.m. at Steele Memorial Library, Mount Olive
* Doing Business with the Federal Government: Sept. 4, 6-9 p.m., Walnut 101 at WCC
* Fueling Your Business: Sept. 10, 6-9 p.m., Fremont
* Introduction to Grant Writing: Sept. 17, 6-9 p.m., Wayne County Public Library, Goldsboro
* How to Start a Non-Profit Business: Sept. 23, 6-9 p.m., Walnut 101 at WCC
* Computer Basics for Small Business Owners: Oct. 9, 6-9 p.m., WCPL, Goldsboro;
* Social Media Marketing for Small Businesses - 6-9 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 15, WCPL, Goldsboro
* Fueling Your Business: Nov. 6, 6-9 p.m., Steele Memorial Library, Mount Olive
* How to Write a Business Plan: Nov. 12, 6-9 p.m., Walnut 101 at WCC
* 15 Common Mistakes That Will Undermine Any Business: Nov. 19, 6-9 p.m., WCPL, Goldsboro
* How to Start a Business: Dec. 2, 6-9 p.m., Walnut 101 at WCC
* Social Media Marketing for Small Businesses: Dec. 11, 6-9 p.m., WCPL, Fremont, and
* Fueling Your Business: Dec. 17, 6-9 p.m., WCPL, Goldsboro.
For further information on each seminar and other center offerings, including the Fall Leadership Series, visit www.wayneworksnc.com.
To pre-register, call 919-739-6940 or visit www.ncsbc.net, click on "Contact Your Local SBC," select "Wayne County," choose the seminar and click on "Register." Complete and bring to the seminar the registration form found under the "Small Business Center" heading at www.wayneworksnc.com.
In addition to offering seminars, the Small Business Center provides access to business resources and one-on-one counseling for exploring business ideas, starting a business, or expanding an existing business. For assistance with business plans, licensing, taxes, federal and state government regulations, business ownership, loan and grant proposals, money sources, market research, cash flow projections, or business management, contact the center's director, Charles Gaylor IV, at 919-739-6941 or email@example.com.