Visiting Cyclones outlast Bulldogs
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on January 23, 2004 2:14 PM
PRINCETON -- Karter Yutzy turned in a double-double -- 30 points, 12 rebounds -- in Princeton's 59-53 non-conference loss to independent schools power Community Christian on Thursday.
Yutzy tallied 24 points in the second half, including 16 in the fourth quarter. The junior guard/forward shot a blistering 88 percent (14-of-16) from the free throw line for the game.
Brandon Pate added five points in the fourth quarter.
Princeton (2-13) closed the gap to 51-48 late in the final quarter.
Darius Lee led the Cyclones with 18 points, while Goldsboro resident Jimmy Graham chipped in 16.
The Bulldogs entertain Ayden-Grifton in a Carolina 1-A Conference game today.
Comm. Christian 17 16 11 15 -- 59
Princeton 6 12 14 21 -- 53
Darius Lee 18, Jimmy Graham 16, Laughridge 8, King 5, Thompson 4, Barnes 4, Cahill 2, Crawford 2.
Karter Yutzy 30, Brandon Pate 9, Diandre Dublin 7, Daniel Gerrell 4, Adam Williams 2, Josh Thompson 1.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series